"Only one life, ’twill soon be past, Only what’s done for Christ will last."
~ C.T. Studd

Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

P52: Self Portrait

Cameras are a wonderful thing . . . until one is pointed at me.  That's when horror strikes. Maybe a little bit of the feeling I had when I saw this week's assignment.  NOT my favorite one, to be sure.  But, I thought, it's only one week, and it's only one post. (sigh)  I'll resign myself to that.

I had to smile when my family began asking about it.  Things such as "Next week is self portrait . . . are you doing that one?" or better yet, "Who's doing the self portrait this week?"  They know me well. : )  As it turns out, I'm the only P52er in our family at the present, so you'll just have to bear with me.  Hopefully next week will bring better subject matter. : )

If you have to do something you dislike, make it fun!  Right? : )  So I straightened my hair, borrowed my brother's hat, and got busy.  I don't have a tripod, so it took a little bit of creativity in that aspect.

Necessity is the mother of invention. : )

It about cracked me up when one of our cats saw what I was doing and got curious.  I would set the camera, position it, and then hit the shutter button and patiently wait the ten seconds for it to fire.  Sugar watched this process from a distance at first, but, curiosity getting the best of him, he began creeping closer and closer to that strange looking black box that I kept fidgeting with.  By the last shot, he got close enough to sniff it when the shutter clicked.  You should have seen how quickly he jumped back! : )  Now, had he started messing with that expensive black box, there may have been new meaning to the old adage "Curiosity killed the cat"!

5 comments:

  1. I love your smile! I know what you mean about being on the "other" side of the camera. But I think you overcame the discomfort very well :)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great shot - beautiful composition, and I like the colours you are wearing, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute picture. I think using a prop might have made it a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. Love the hat. You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be bashful . . . leave a comment! We would love to hear from you!