"Only one life, ’twill soon be past, Only what’s done for Christ will last."
~ C.T. Studd

Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

P52: I Dreamed A Dream

And she's still dreaming . . .


. . . of walking.

Allison has Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Hypermobility Type, a connective tissue disorder.  This affects her joints, ligaments, etc., and from time to time she loses her ability to do things that most people take for granted
. . . even walking.
She's a great inspiration to us all . . . so cheerful and sunshiny, always ready with a laugh and an encouraging word . . . always thinking of others.  Even through the most difficult times, her trust in the Lord puts a smile on her lips and a song in her heart.
It's been since September (the 8th, to be exact) since she has been able to walk unassisted.  Working hard.  Gaining strength and stability.  Getting ready for the series of casting to stretch her heel cords.  She has a lot going against her.  It's been 4 months and 12 days.
But she's still dreaming . . .

And (might I add) she's gonna make it! : )


Project 52 is hosted by Darcy at my3barbarians.com

4 comments:

  1. Yes...praying her dream comes true!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We serve an almighty God!! I like the perspective of the picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inspiration! I love when situations like this are able to put some perspective on my life. I love this shot too- it is composed perfectly. And the tiny bit of red in her hat...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be praying for her. Her strength astounds me.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be bashful . . . leave a comment! We would love to hear from you!