"Only one life, ’twill soon be past, Only what’s done for Christ will last."
~ C.T. Studd

Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Moments of Meditation


Only one life to offer --
Jesus, my Lord and King;
Only one tongue to praise Thee
And of Thy mercy sing;
Only one heart's devotion --
Savior, O may it be
Consecrated alone to thy matchless glory,
Yielded fully to Thee.

Only this hour is mine, Lord --
May it be used for Thee;
May every passing moment
Count for eternity;
Souls all about are dying,
Dying in sin and shame;
Help me bring them the message of Calv'ry's redemption
In Thy glorious Name.

Only one life to offer --
Take it, dear Lord, I pray;
Nothing from Thee withholding,
Thy will I now obey;
Thou who hast freely given
Thine all in all for me,
Claim this life for Thine own to be used, my Savior,
Ev'ry moment for Thee.

~ Avis B. Christiansen

1 comment:

Don't be bashful . . . leave a comment! We would love to hear from you!