"Only one life, ’twill soon be past, Only what’s done for Christ will last."
~ C.T. Studd

Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Catching Up on P52

I have been very negligent of my P52 posts.  It's not that I haven't been taking pictures . . . far from it!  But it's just been VERY busy around here, so blogging has taken back burner.  However, I decided to share my entries for the past two weeks just for the sake of keeping up with it.  Hopefully, I'll be back on track this weekend.

 ~ Sacrifice ~

This theme was in recognition of Easter week.  Of course, there is no greater sacrifice than what Jesus gave for my sins and yours on Calvary.  He paid the ultimate price so that we might live eternally with Him!  But, more than that, if we trust Him alone for salvation and forgiveness of sins, not only does He give eternal life, but He gives freedom from guilt, abundant joy, peace that passes all understanding, and daily fellowship with Him!  What a wonderful Savior!

But of all the pictures I took that week, this one probably sums up the theme the best.

My grandparents.

They have sacrificed many things throughout the years.  Growing up through the Great Depression, then WWII . . . they've made many sacrifices for their families and for their country.  Then 5 children came along.  (Any loving mom or dad knows that parenting = sacrifice.)  And 12 grandchildren (of whom I am so blessed to be counted!).  And, eventually, 6 great-grandchildren.  Even now, they make great sacrifices for each other.  What wonderful examples!  I love you,
Pa Paw and Ma Maw!!!
 
~ Things That Grow ~

It's probably bordering on obsession right now, but I absolutely LOVE taking pictures of the beautiful flowers that are practically everywhere I turn this time of year.  As I was taking pictures of a tractor part Ray had painted, I realized I hadn't taken any pictures of the Buttercups that are covering our yard.  These are some of my favorite flowers.  Consider them a weed if you want, but I adore the tiny flower with such a bright, shiny yellow petal! : )


And, of course, a dandelion. : )  We found out very quickly as children that blowing these to make a wish was fun, but the person in charge of mowing the grass wished we wouldn't blow them!  Let's just put it this way . . . they multiplied so rapidly you'd have thought we had wished for more dandelions!

P52 is hosted by my3boybarians.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be bashful . . . leave a comment! We would love to hear from you!