"Only one life, ’twill soon be past, Only what’s done for Christ will last."
~ C.T. Studd

Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Our Ordinary Is Extraordinary. . .


 Sometimes, as we live our everyday life, we just don't look at things as being "out of the ordinary" to most people.  After all, it's just another part of life, right?  A kind lady once taught me (by her sweet example) to enjoy each moment of my life as an adventure no matter how "humdrum" it may seem because only I was blessed to live this wonderful life God gave to me.  Oh, sure . . . everyone has their troubles and disappointments, but I have a wonderful Lord to carry me through those difficult times and to be my absolute JOY through good times and bad! : )

So I thought I'd share just a few fun moments of our "humdrum" life . . . : )

 I promise that you are not going cross-eyed.  It's really a seven-toed cat!

  
And just in case you need a clearer view . . .

The Lord blessed us recently with several big paper bags full of green beans.  And we learned an important lesson . . .

 Bella LOVES green beans!

 Every little while we find her sitting around chewing on one. : )

 The evidence, my dear Watson?
 Sherlock Holmes wouldn't have to get his magnifying glass out in this case! : )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And for those who haven't been following her Caring Bridge site, Allison recently got her new HKAFO's and is able to walk some!  Praise the Lord!

To see some of her first steps in eight months, here's the link!
http://youtu.be/1yc-kiqhqG0  

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he {the man} delighteth in his {God's} way.  Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand."
Psalm 37:23-24


1 comment:

  1. A dog that eats raw green beans - that is different. And a 7-toed cat - just plain strange!!!!

    Loved the picture of Allison's wheelchair - it looked like she had just disappeared out of it!

    Trust all is going well!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be bashful . . . leave a comment! We would love to hear from you!